Blended Learning-Required Text

I was very apprehensive about the Blended Learning text, because it is rare to find a textbook that is practical and provides good resources to really implement the strategies discussed. I was so wrong about this book--it was so well written. As I was reading my assigned chapter, I kept thinking that I'd either already tried that resource or strategy and had it work really well, or that I hadn't tried something yet, but I could envision myself using what was recommended. Once we presented out on our chapters last week, I realized that my chapter was not the only one relevant to my teaching. The Blended Learning strategies that Tucker describes are useful and she includes so many great resources for implementing them. I particularly loved when we were discussing the idea of a Flipped Classroom and I had so many concerns, especially around students completing their work, and the author just addressed them so well and moved on. I was blown away that an educational text could actually be so useful and relevant to teachers, because so many of them belong in the ivory tower of higher education rather than in the trenches of the classroom. Tucker's Blended Learning in Grades 4-12 is the exception to the rule, and I'm really glad that I have it as a resource.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Story Reflection

Website Revisited

Animoto-Get to Know You