Social Bookmarking

I have used both Diigo and Pinterest in the past for social booking marking. I used Diigo predominantly for collecting research and articles pertinent to my professional life while I've keep my use of Pinterest fairly personal, collecting recipes and things relevant to my various interests. I honestly find both of these sites challenging to use and time consuming. I mostly use the internet to search things with a very specific goal in mind. Professionally, I tend to collect articles for specific projects in a Google Doc or I use PDF annotation software to take notes and annotate. As I was reflecting on this assignment, I realized that there is a type of social bookmarking that I use both personally and professionally, and that is the save function on Facebook. Scrolling through Facebook is one of the few times I'm truly just "stumbling" across interesting ideas, articles, and yes, even recipes. As I scroll, I often use the save feature to return to interesting ideas and articles and video clips I want to share with colleagues later. The one major downside to this feature is that I'm not able to sort my saves or tag them with anything that would make it easier to go back through in the future. However, in terms of usability, this is my favorite tool, perhaps because this is the only tool I've really ever been able to stick with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Story Reflection

Website Revisited

Animoto-Get to Know You