Leadership Styles Reflection

I really enjoyed the leadership styles quiz that we took last week, and I was really surprised with my results. I've taken a lot of personality quizzes in the school I've worked in. It seems like we have a new test to take every year from True Colors, to the Indigo Assessment, and more. These quizzes almost always end with me learning that I care about other people's feelings and that I am a good team player. However, this quiz that we took was different because it focused more on leadership rather than personality, and I thought it was useful for me to see myself in a different way. I would not have guessed that my leadership style was more about vision than empathy. However, as we were discussing the results, I realized that those skills that I bring to the table are very relevant and I was able to explain a lot of my behavior in curriculum writing teams and on various committees and projects I work on. For example, I don't like to work on projects that I don't see has having value or don't fit in with our stated mission statements. And even though I am empathetic toward people, I am willing to stand up for ideas that I believe will work. I also consider one of my greatest strengths to be problem-solving, and I feel like I am able to use that well in both my personal and professional life. In terms of the challenges that come from my leadership style, I realized that I do sometimes let things fall through the cracks, especially if I don't see them as mission critical for success. However, I am trying to be a more organized person and set deadlines for myself so that I don't forget to do things.

Comments

  1. I agree with you Lani that this assessment was well worth the time and beneficial! My highest score was the one I thought I would be in, but for you it was interesting to see you didn't score the highest in the one you thought you would have! What was your partners style for this collaboration project and did it help and/or hinder the project?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Story Reflection

Website Revisited

Animoto-Get to Know You